Friday, April 15, 2011

Lily has arrived


So even though I was scheduled for an induction thurs evening, Lily decided not to wait that long. Actually, I think she did want to wait. Since my water broke sometime during the night, I came into the hospital and they started me on pitocin. After 12 hours of making very little progress, the dr thought it best to do a c-section. I didn't want that, but it turned out to be for the best. Her head was turned sideways so getting her out wasn't much of an option and it turned out that the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck 3 times. So we feel very blessed that she was born perfectly healthy. She barely cried after being born and staid awake for hours. Then later last night, after she got her bath and all that, she came into our room with us and staid awake for several more hours, without crying once. After we tried going to sleep, she staid up in her little bassinet next to my bed and would occasionally make a cute little sound, as though to remind me she was still there. I have no idea what time she actually went to sleep. So all in all, I have a perfect little baby and we are very blessed that everything went as well as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment